The Benefits of Buying Medication Through Your Vet
Point. Click. Pay. Done. The convenience of online shopping has made it possible to have virtually anything delivered to your doorstep. But when it comes to your pet’s medication, it pays to shop at the doctor’s office.
At Springbrook Animal Care Center, we genuinely care about your pet’s safety and well-being. Our tailored preventive care plans are designed to keep your pets healthy, but when a prescription is necessary, we advocate for purchasing pet medications only from veterinarians.
Buying Medications From Online Sources is Risky Business
Purchasing from online businesses might appeal to your bottom line, but you could be putting your pet’s health at risk. Here’s why:
- Most manufacturers of prescription veterinary medications sell them only to doctors. Where did the online retailer get them?
- Prescription medications require that a doctor has examined a pet and determined that the drug is needed. Businesses dispensing medications without prescriptions should not be trusted.
- The medications could be expired, counterfeit, or lacking FDA approval.
- And other red flags explained by the FDA.
Perks of Purchasing From Your Veterinarian
Your veterinarian has access to your pet’s health history (including past sensitivities or reactions), medical conditions, and current medications being taken.
- Your pet’s medication comes from a trusted source.
- Your pet gets the exact medication prescribed (and proper dosing requires an accurate, current weight).
- Our pet experts answer your questions, explain dosing, and provide tips and tricks for getting your pet to take his meds!
- Choosing an appropriate parasite medication can be overwhelming, especially with so many on the market. We will make a recommendation tailored specifically to your pet’s needs.
- We can customize medications, add flavoring, or adjust the method of administration.
- We make informed recommendations regarding nutritional supplements and special diets.
- Some prescription drugs require routine monitoring.
Our Online Pharmacy: The Best of Both Worlds!
We understand the role that home delivery plays in the lives of busy pet parents, and our pet online pharmacy puts the power to shop for your pets at your fingertips. We even offer an AutoShip option, so you never run out of your pet’s supplies.
Prescription Medications: From pain medications and antibiotics to treatments for thyroid disorders, diabetes, allergies, and much more, our pet online pharmacy has the medications your cats and dogs need.
Parasite Prevention: You’ll find a wide selection of proven treatments for fleas, ticks, and heartworms for both cats and dogs. Your veterinarian will recommend the course of treatment that is best for your pet.
Veterinary Diets: We offer doctor-recommended, therapeutic diets to mitigate the symptoms of various health conditions.
Dental Care: You’ll find toothbrushes, pastes, water additives, and more that are formulated specifically for pets.
Nutraceuticals: Nonprescription supplements that contain omega-3 fatty acids, glucosamine, or probiotics offer natural, gentle relief.
Toys and Treats: Your pet will look forward to every shipment if you add a little something special! We have treats for all life stages and a wide selection of toys.