Ho! Ho! Ho! Helpful Gift Ideas For Your Pets
In the days leading up to the holidays, we are all bombarded with a sense of too much to do and not enough time to do it all. We know you wouldn’t want to leave anyone off your shopping list so, to help out, we’ve put together some helpful gift ideas for your pets. We hope that you will be inspired to give your pet some sweet surprises that can only result in lots of smooches and snuggles.
Special Pets Deserve Something Special
While the best gift of all is your love, your pet will still get excited about any of these top-notch presents:
- Outdoor Stuff – If your pet wears the same item day in and day out, it may be time to upgrade. Your pet’s collar, leash, or harness may need a snazzier replacement. A new tag will be a great addition, too. Many pets tolerate (and even enjoy) certain types of clothing, especially if they remain dry and warm on winter walks. There are so many cute and functional hoodies, jackets, and sweaters perfect for your pet. Don’t forget the matching booties!
- Chow Time – This is a very important part of your pet’s day. Why not shake it up a bit with new bowls? Personalizing and placing bowls on a raised platform allows for easier access. Aso, investing in a circulating water fountain is a wonderful gift for your pet’s health and enjoyment.
- Taking Snoozing Seriously – All pets deserve a cozy place to rest (when they aren’t spooning you at night) and creating or installing a new pet bed is a lovely way to show you care. Think about a tunnel, perch, hammock, or a new bed and blanket for your pet to get some good dozing going.
If your pet is already outfitted with new threads, dishes, or relaxation equipment, perhaps the following ideas will help:
- Toys – Play is essential for your pet’s health. Whether he or she likes to chase, pounce, chew, tug, or fetch, there is no shortage of toys to support your pet’s specific interest.
- Homemade Treats – We’ve never met a pet that doesn’t love treats. Go the extra mile and make some of your own to offer Fido or Felix.
- Scratching Post – Cats need to stretch their claws and scratching is normal behavior. Make one yourself with carpet remnants and sisal or find the perfect one to match your decor.
- Litter Box – Although not a traditional holiday gift, presenting your feline with a new litter box may be a welcome surprise. Buying a self-cleaning one is sort of like a present for you, too!
- Brush – Your pet may or may not be a fan of grooming and that could be related to the type of brush or comb you have. We are happy to recommend products perfect for your pet’s fur type.
If you are the type of person that prefers to buy gift cards for family and friends, you might consider training or grooming appointments for your pet in lieu of a wrapped present. Pets deserve to look, feel, and perform their very best, and special opportunities with our professionals encourage confidence and wellness. A training class can also strengthen your bond with your pet or visits to our Doggie Day Care can give your pet exercise and bonding time with our kennel staff.
A gift with lasting value is one of our preventative health care plans. The gift of wellness can add years to your pet’s life and improve the quality of his or her life.
You may also want to consider a dental cleaning or even just a credit on your pet’s account for future vet visits. As it is for us all, the gift of health is an invaluable one.
Happy Holidays From Springbrook Animal Care Center!
We hope that our suggestions help you find the right present for your pet this holiday season. Remember to remove any tags, ribbons, or other potential entanglements before giving a present to your pet. Above all, enjoy your shared time together and take lots of pictures of your beloved pet!