Environmentally Responsible Veterinarian Naperville, IL
Springbrook Animal Care Center provides compassionate care for all animals, and we extend our responsibility as veterinarians to also serve as stewards of our planet and its furry, feathered, scaly, and winged inhabitants. Our practice is uniquely focused on environmental responsibility and we have made a substantial investment in many aspects of our building and our processes to minimize our overall environmental impact.
Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design (LEED®) Silver Certified Facility
As a reflection of our passion for veterinary care and environmental stewardship, we set out to design and build an animal care practice that would provide an unprecedented level of veterinary care services, housed in a facility that would have a symbiotic relationship with the planet. The result is Springbrook Animal Care Center located in Naperville, IL, a Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design (LEED®) Silver Certified, 14,000 square-foot facility.
Springbrook Animal Care Center has incorporated many advanced technologies to serve owners and their pets in a naturalized, sustainable, and efficient environment. Key eco-friendly features of our hospital include:
- Geothermal Wells run under the exterior pavement and provide efficient heating.
- Solar panels on the roof are estimated to power 1/3 of the building’s lights.
- Solar thermal panels assist in providing hot water to the building.
- Rainwater recovery tank captures and stores up to 20,000 gallons of rainwater for building use.
- Wind generator creates enough energy to power lights in our atrium & reception 50% of the time.
- Natural light supplied by 81 skylights.
- Natural ventilation via operable skylights and motor controlled vents provide fresh air and minimize the need for air conditioning.
- Lighting fixtures utilizing highly efficient LEDs to minimize electrical use.
- ChargePoint electric vehicle charging station.
Official Monarch Waystation
Due to development (subdivisions, factories, shopping centers, etc.) and the widespread use of herbicides, the availability of milkweeds and nectar sources for Monarch butterflies is declining at a rapid rate.
We’ve worked to become a certified Monarch Waystation, maintaining hospital grounds that are not only attractive but also provide milkweeds, nectar plants, and shelter for monarch butterflies throughout their annual cycle of reproduction and migration. Springbrook Animal Care Center’s contribution to monarch conservation is an effort that will help assure the continuation of the species and the spectacular monarch migration phenomenon in North America. We also like to think a yard full of butterflies is a nice addition to our building during the spring and autumn months.
For our efforts, our practice was awarded a Certificate of Appreciation on behalf of monarchs by Monarch Watch for the creation and maintenance of waystation number 14230.
News & Events
Sign Up for Pet Records
Frontline Worker Boarding & Daycare Promotion
Hill's to Home Delivery
Don't want to leave the house for your pet's food? Now you don't have to. Use our Hill's to Home delivery service for free shipping with no minimum threshold.
Want your Hill's pet food delivered right to your door? Get 30% off your first autoship order and free shipping with Hill's to Home.